I figured it was time to join since I've been lurking for awhile. I've been cruising some of the other Mercedes forums but I'm finding much more technical info here.

Well about me, mid 40's, gearhead since I was a teenager, prior service jarhead (helicopter mechanic), now a maintenance manager for the I&E Shop at a chemical plant. I grew up working on 70's & 80's GM G-body cars and that got me started on engine swaps. I currently reside in Illinois but looking to relocate to Nevada or Arizona soon.

Fast forward to now, I currently own a W208 CLK55 AMG which was my first Mercedes as of 2 years ago. I learned the hard way about buying a cheap Mercedes and performed a ton of needed maintenance myself. It's now a daily driver and one of my favorite cars that I've owned regardless of it being 20 years old.

Lately I've had bug to buy a W201 and I've been looking for about a month. I feel the need to tinker so I'm exploring swaps, updated engine management, and modern EFI. I'm looking forward to learning more about these and I have a good idea of what I want to do. I'm really leaning towards a M104.98 swap but I'm keeping options open while I get familiar with this chassis.