Thread: Hedgehog 190E from Thailand

Talking Hedgehog 190E from Thailand

Long time for starting new thread here but in the past many years the car has been transformed to a lot of changes and it is never ended.

The car started when I got them from a local market in 2014 that it was 2.0 Japan spec RHD with 2.3-16 engine with auto tranny and 16v body kit on. The previous owner did certain works but they could not do well maintained. It was also installed LPG gas in it.

The car then removed all the parts, putting roll cage in, with EVO I kit as the base kit to be onto the car, All removable parts were changed to lightweight parts
    - Carbon fiber front hood
    - Carbon fiber rear trunk
    - Carbon fiber roof
    - Fiberglass front fender with EVO I arch in one piece
    - Fiberglass EVO I bumpers
    - Fiberglass doors
    - ARC double plane rear spoiler with carbon fiber side plates

The 2.3-16 engine was still stock internal. There was a plan to fit 2.6 stroke kit but until now it has not been finished. The engine was put the engine backward for 10 cm. The transmission is using Nissan Silvia S15 6 speed with modified bell housing to fit the engine. The reason to use the tranny because I wanted 6 speed manual and bolt on 6 speed tranny was not available on the time. When we look at the ratio, it is not bad and price is not expensive.

Getrag 16v
    4,080/2,520/1,770/1,260/1,000

S15
    3.626/2.200/1.541/ 1.213/1.000/0.767

The rear subframe is not Mercedes anymore. The subframe was made from scratch from tubes and the multilink arms were changed to double wishbone and pushrod suspension. The rear diff was changed to E30 rear diff with 4.1 ratio and out OS Giken LSD for better traction. Both front and rear sway bars were changed to adjustable sway bar blades from Ford Focus BTCC race cars. The front and rear dampers are from Koni Motorsport 2 ways adjustable. The front was made for Seat Cupra WTCC and the rear is short stroke damper for Ford GT40 era. Springs were taken from Swift, front 16K rear 11K.

I will continue with more pictures later on.
    BMW research and development chief, Wolfgang Reitzle:
    "The laws of aerodynamics must be different between Munich and Stuttgart"... "IF THAT REAR WING WORKS, WE WILL HAVE TO REBUILD THE BMW TUNNEL"

And they did !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice build. what is your plan for the car when finished?
    1991 Auto 2.6 (Gone)
    1992 Auto 2.6 Sportline (Getting full resto)
    2001 clk 430
    1999 Lexus RX300 (Totaled)
    2002 C32 amg (65mm pulley, EC tune, Tien coilovers, 18" renntech monolites, Wald body kit)

It has been a while Ake. Good to see an update.
    Might also be a good time to update the hedgehog parts inventory vendor page post

cheers!
    1987 201.034 - € spec 5sp. Blauschwarz- Hermann.
    1992 124.051 - 6sp man. Iceblau - Gretel
    1992 124.090 - 4sp auto Malachit Grün - Beatrix
    1987 107.048 - 4sp auto Signalrot - Stella
    2012 212.074 - 7sp mct-speedshift Diamantweiß - Klaus

exit lounge: 1989 201.035, 1987 201.029, 1987 126.039, 1972 107.023,

Quote Originally Posted by insame1 View Post
    Nice build. what is your plan for the car when finished?
    Ultimate goal would be Fully aerodynamic balance for circut/ time attack with wider body kit than now but remained non-tubeframe chassis. The engine would be turbo M102 16v with billet block and head. Anyway it would be long term goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    It has been a while Ake. Good to see an update.
    Might also be a good time to update the hedgehog parts inventory vendor page post

cheers!
    Thanks, I am trying to collect all photos and post up to a new website and then it will be easy to put in the vendor section after being authorized.
    BMW research and development chief, Wolfgang Reitzle:
    "The laws of aerodynamics must be different between Munich and Stuttgart"... "IF THAT REAR WING WORKS, WE WILL HAVE TO REBUILD THE BMW TUNNEL"

And they did !!!!!!!!!!!!