Hello fellow 190 enthusiasts,
Just starting a build thread on my 190. I picked it up a month or two ago from someone who's had it for 15+ years, it currently has an approximate ~212,000 miles and I am slowly improving it. Goal is to restore it AND make it track ready. I've done some small things such as replace all tie rods, replace the valve cover gasket, etc. For pictures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...jJaZ21GbEdvMkE
The plan is to cover the following items:
- Wheels - ordered a set of TH1781s from Compomotive
- Suspension - still deciding on whether to try and fit coilovers in (https://catuned.com/w201-1982-1993-m...ng-in-one-unit) or go with a Koni/H&R combination, replace all bushings and other necessary components. Does the subframe need reinforcement, as with M3s? If going with stiffer, non-coilover springs in the front is it necessary to reinforce the body in those sections?
- Brakes - from my research it shows that the 400E ~300mm brake upgrade seems to be the most beneficial. I wasn't really able to find some good aftermarket rotors though... Any tips?
- Transmission - swap in a manual. The torque converter is struggling in the auto and the auto-clutch doesn't smell so good sometimes...
- Engine - rebuild to Euro spec, maybe a bit more, when the transmission swap occurs
- Exhaust - definite maybe...
Will try and keep this post reasonably up to date as I go on.