Thread: New Members and Others

New Members and Others

Two of the nicest parts of running this asylum is opening up the forum first thing in the morning and seeing that there are new posts on the board and that there are New Members registering on the forum. Not only does that say that the site is still running, but it also means that our membership is growing after all the inactive member pruning.

While going over the new registrations, I marvel at the number of ways you can manipulate W201, 190E or Mercedes into a user name. There's some sheer genius out there.

While mostly North American-centric and being an English language board, we do get a fair share of registrations from Northern Europe, where the W201 mojo seems particularly strong. Eastern Europe (other than spammers) fans also seem to find our site occasionally, but we're really under represented in areas where Espanol is the primary language.

My request to new members, and to those existing members that didn't do it initially, is to make sure that your user information, located in the User CP section, is current and that you honor us with some information about your location (other than that jackass' "Most Remote Land Mass" stuff) and what cars you have or other interests you'd like to share. It goes a long way into making this place a closer community, so I encourage it.
    The Biggest Bargain From Germany Since Wernher Von Braun - Car & Driver November 1983

Quote Originally Posted by MTI View Post
    but we're really under represented in areas where Espanol is the primary language.

I thought there were quite a few members in California & Florida.
    Various W201s

Miami, Florida here.

:190rev:

Tap the Rockies!
    1986 201.034 "Berthilda" 5-speed, Evo II wheels 225/45/17, 400E front swaybar, 400e rear brakes
    1986 201.024 M104 engine, 5-speed Conversion, Updated LE trim console, 400E front sway bar, W202 springs, Limited slip Diff, 16v Steering box, 3" magnaflow exhaust system, 16v body kit, 16v Fuel tank, 16v Brake Booster, 400E calipers, MS2 3.57.
    1993 201.029 Sportline LE.

^ and follow them North another 900 miles!

I know I am guilty of not updating my details, I will soon. I also promise by this summer I will start my members ride thread too! More of us need to have a members ride thread like John's or danwatt's etc. I really enjoy reading those threads.
    87 190e 2.3-16
    90 190e 2.6
    90 Nissan Skyline GTS-T 375rwhp -sold-

Sure it isnít just all the old members that got booted when the server changes happened? If I wanted to look at something on the old forum without logging in it was easy. Now if your not a member you have to sit at that stupid user agreement section waiting for that counter to expire. Iím sure everyone read that agreement right?

Yeah I thought so, how about we turn that crap off?
    -The calmest, most simple my life has ever been is at 150mph-

Reading is fundamental.
    The Biggest Bargain From Germany Since Wernher Von Braun - Car & Driver November 1983

9. who to post?

Hello im 1fast2.6 and i have been trying to post pic's on the members rides forum but my uploads always fail ,maybe im doing something wrong can you please tell me the steps i have to take to be able to post my pic's.I was able to make a folder with them on my profile but i cant get them into the forum. Thankyou.

Make sure there the right image type and not to large
    1986 201.034 "Berthilda" 5-speed, Evo II wheels 225/45/17, 400E front swaybar, 400e rear brakes
    1986 201.024 M104 engine, 5-speed Conversion, Updated LE trim console, 400E front sway bar, W202 springs, Limited slip Diff, 16v Steering box, 3" magnaflow exhaust system, 16v body kit, 16v Fuel tank, 16v Brake Booster, 400E calipers, MS2 3.57.
    1993 201.029 Sportline LE.

Denver, Co here
    And looking for another 190E
    "Never mind the bats, he'll see them soon enough"
    HST

Para todos los amigos fanaticos de los hermosos Mercedes W201 que hablan espanol, un saludo desde la calida ciudad de Fort Myers, Florida, USA.

That's it, I said it :-)

Hi to all, Southern California & Mexico here. Big 16v Aficionado!!!

When the hell did you move MTI?
    ~~1985 190e 2.3-16~~
    ~~1970 250c~~
    ~~2002 MINI Cooper S~~

How bout you incourage some of these fools up in this joint not to belittle and make new members not want to log back on after there 1st thread post... I've seen here many new & old members belittled and insulted on ideas and imaginations by some members on here... Seems kinda grade school stuff occuring here frequently....
    Then and only then will you have a respectable forum....
    85 euro 16v
    86 16v
    87 16v
    If u don't remember 4get bout' it!

To whom are you addressing that post?
    Various W201s

Quote Originally Posted by PARLAY190 View Post
    How bout you incourage some of these fools up in this joint not to belittle and make new members not want to log back on after there 1st thread post... I've seen here many new & old members belittled and insulted on ideas and imaginations by some members on here... Seems kinda grade school stuff occuring here frequently....
    Then and only then will you have a respectable forum....

But then it wouldn't be a forum on the internet. Seriously, there's always going to be someone that says something that's not very mature, that's the one thing I've learned from being a member, moderator, and admin of forums.

Thick skins, a sense of humor and civility go hand in hand with forums. There are times when exchanges go "over the line" or simply said, are just stupid. I always encourage members to read what they write before hitting the post button. Can't tell you how many posts I've not made even after writing them.