Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just In Time For Christmas

Just In Time For Christmas

This is a 1986 2.3-16. I wanted something different.

I just put it back together this morning, painted it two weeks ago. I am putting the car in a condition as if it has 25k miles and has been garage kept. I have some euro headlights and some clear corners coming for the front. In the back some red and clear lights.
    Connie - 85 2.3-16 ECE Track Car
    Red - 86 2.3-16 Slushbox Daily Driver
    Sophie - 89 2.5-16 EZL-ECE Bimmer Eater

Is it a euro? Did it start almandine?

looks great, always loved that color on these cars
    good sellers: ukbenz, CSP, Dan_189, cephallus, rabidfox, scotttx, benzevo, David Hendy, flank_2112, neilr, Captruff
    BAD SELLERS:
    NEWBENZ2 (being resolved)
    SixSpeed (resolved )
    NEVER USE RITEWAY AUTO TRANSPORT!!!!!!!!

What did you use for the bumpers/handles/mirrors? Looks great!

The car looks nice. :happy0159:

mercedes red is always dead sexy...
    '91 2.3 DD

lots o 2.3 parts available for sale

Very nice! I also want to know what you did to the black plastic.
    1987 535iS five speed white/black
    1993 190E 2.6 Sportline, white/cream, five speed swapped from euro 124
    1987 944 slicktop black/black
    justindanger.com
    insta: @justindangerpants
    floridaeuro.net

Thanks. The bumpers, door handles and the like are painted with Standox DB7167 Deep Dark Grey. The stuff is pricey, but it is the correct coating. It looks more like the pieces were dipped in melted plastic, than painted.

all i can find on Standox DB7167 Deep Dark Grey is it's a evidently a UK product, can you post up a link of where you got it?
    '91 2.3 DD

lots o 2.3 parts available for sale

Standox is a OEM supplier for Mercedes, they are German. DB 7167 is the original color from the factory for the bumpers and the lower edge of the ground effects kit. I got it from CarQuest in Mooresville NC. They have it in stock.

I want to buy that car
    1989 190E 2.6 Smoke Silver, Depo euros, smoked Hella tails, Bilstein Sports (KIA)
    2001 CBR 600 F4I, Hotbodies flush mounts, undertail kit, Jardine RT-1 Exhaust
    2011 Subaru WRX, Breast Cancer Awareness RallyArmor mud flaps, 3 inch Invidia stainless catless downpipe, 3 inch stainless custom exhaust with Magnaflows

Very nice!!

Nice to know there's some 201 love around the area!
    Trevor
    '95 540i M Sport (1 of 200) - '00 A4 1.8TQMS -
    Ex: '85 190e 2.3-16 (ECE)
    www.HeritageMotorwerks.net

Looks great.

DUDE!!!! Why didn't you tell me you were ready to put it back together? I would have been there in a heartbeat to lend a hand. Looks good, can't wait to see it in person!

-MadMerc
    DD-'88 2.3 TurboCoupe-K&N drop in, 3inch exhaust(turbo back), no cat, flowmaster 2 chamber. Hope to do a Ranger Roller head and alittle more work and get around 350-400hp from it hehehe.

Starting a build soon on a '86 190e 2.3 16v to make into a multipurpose car: rally/road course/hill climb/drift/auto-X

Nice! You should spray that dull grey grill with some of that nice black paint. It will look super nice.

Can't wait to get my 16v in march.
    1991 White/Gray 190E 2.6L SOLD

I have a new grill insert to put in, but after reading your suggestion I think I will paint the old one. It will be darker and less shiny than the new one. Thanks

Nice!!!
    '89 190E 2.6-->175k miles and counting...

Do you ever visit Cars & Coffee in Charlotte? Would love to see one of your fleet in attendance!
    Trevor
    '95 540i M Sport (1 of 200) - '00 A4 1.8TQMS -
    Ex: '85 190e 2.3-16 (ECE)
    www.HeritageMotorwerks.net

I drove the car yesterday, it really gets attention.  Was asked if I wanted to sell it, again.  I don't.  But I thought I would post a little on the work done to this car, for those who are trying to pin a value to these things.

This car came from member Redhope.  I bought it two years ago.  The  engine was hard to start, the back corner had been wrecked and the paint was beyond gone.  On the upside, the lap timer is not bled out. 

I had been thinking donor car until got it running and it drove so good.  The previous owner had worked hard on few things just before she sold it so let's start there.

The cooling system has been rebuilt, all of it.  Water pump, radiator, heater core, all hoses, fan clutch, temp sensors, etc.  

Over the past two years in my spare time in order to get the engine running properly I replaced the mixture control tower, all the temp sensors, most vacuum connections, the brake booster hose, O2 sensor, I cleaned every electrical connection and contact switch.  I replaced the fuel tank screen, the pump, the filter, the accumulator.  I cleaned the injectors, cold start injector, idle control valve.  I put in new plugs and an air filter.  I replaced the accelerator cable, cleaned and adjusted all of the linkage.

Then, I rebuilt the AC system.  I replaced every fuse, two window motors and regulators, drivers seat control, blower motor, blower switch, sunroof motor and cable, both headlights and tail lights, installed a new 100a battery, battery tray, and ground wire  I replaced the dash, repaired the back seat splits, replaced two door cards.

I replaced the back bumper and ground effects, both rocker covers, one of the wheel arches, and the complete front bumper and air dam.

I rebuilt the area behind the passenger front wheel well and the passengers foot well from prior crash damage, I repaired the back corner crash damage.  I replaced the entire lower radiator support.

I disassembled the exterior, stripped the paint, welded in patches for two antenna holes and the holes for the third brake light in the trunk.  I painted the car all the way into every jamb.  

I put the car back together with all new seals in every door, replaced all the sun roof seals, replaced the window run channels and weather strips.

Over the past two years I have spent about three thousand for parts and paint probably replaced an equal value in parts from my parts cars, and i have logged about 225 hours of labor on the project.

I did it all so I can drive the slap goo goo out of the thing and look good doing it, but if folks are interested in trying to buy it out from under my ass, I thought they should know what's in it. 

Perfect looking car!

Special thanks to Madmerc and the guys at the shop for installing my new exaust yesterday. I had the parts and they did the work for $85. Thanks.

Now that I am off for the rest of the year I will be finishing this one. Today I am going to tweak out the fit of the hood, trunk, bumpers and body kit. Then I will do the adjustments to the sunroof. I need to install the new hood pad as well. Next week I am going to refit the interior.