Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slammed 190e on salad shooters, and 2 more being built into 1

Slammed 190e on salad shooters, and 2 more being built into 1

Hello everyone, thought I'd throw a few updated pics of my car up. I've had this 1989 2.6 5 speed for quite a few years now, and the longer I had it the more I started to notice and realize that the body and frame of the car is in poor shape and not worth restoring the car into perfect condition. Here's a few pics of what it looks like. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't care one bit, it is my car, and I love it how it is.

1989 1903 2.6 5-speed manual
    Bilstein Sport shocks and struts + H&R 2.3-16 cup-kit springs.
    16x8.5 Corvette salad shooters
    195/40 Yokohama S-drive tires all around
    Rolled/pulled fenders and quarter panels.

I also bought the infamous Wald blue-black m104 swapped 190e from mde3 a while back, and some of you know that I got ran into by a handicapped elderly gentleman. The car has been sitting in my driveway for the past few months, waiting for a chean shell.
    I found this last week, 1993 2.6 silver/black, MINT interior, NO RUST. Worked on the car for a little bit yesterday, got the bumper/ lights/rad support/radiator/exhaust and everything off the car, going to pull the motor and trans today. Stay tuned!!

I like it and seeing you're on the east coast going to euro shows, I'll be able to see it at H2O this year?
    konkyphotography.com

Not to get ahead of myself, but I have big plans for this car this year. It will 100% be at Waterfest (meh) and H2Oi (yay).
    Me and a few guys are actually looking at houses for H2Oi now to put down a deposit.
    I am a huge fan of all your 190's and photography by the way!
    Are you going to the Annual Morgantown Sonic meet this May 1st?

nice, it looks stunningly similar to smokinshutdown's car

86' 190E 2.3 8v Auto Barolo Red
    [Mods:] Cladding Upgrade, S600 Grille, Vogtland Springs, Evo II's, Euros, 8k HIDs, 2.5" Catback, LED interior conversion, Updated center console, All red tails, 35% Tint

You're not the first person to say that.
    It's more a similarity of our styles than anything else. I rusted my hood over 2 years ago, but never really posted pics of the car. I also always wanted to run salad shooters on it, and picked up a set and didn't say too much about it. Then I saw Dylan's car with the rusted hood and that he got sawblades, I realized i gotta get crackin' on it, since I had the car for so long and progress needed to finally take place.
    The cars are not copies of each other, just a coinsidence more than anything. No hate here, I love his car.

Where is H20? Do they have a website?
    1992 190E 3.0 Auto (for now) - with crappy paint job.

truee, I wasnt implying anything just sayinn.

corvette wheels/ rusted hoods arent too uncommon in the "stance" scene lol
    86' 190E 2.3 8v Auto Barolo Red
    [Mods:] Cladding Upgrade, S600 Grille, Vogtland Springs, Evo II's, Euros, 8k HIDs, 2.5" Catback, LED interior conversion, Updated center console, All red tails, 35% Tint

H2Oi (H2O international) is definitely the biggest euro car show/meet in the US and one of the biggest in the world. The atmosphere and the fun that weekend cannot be described, you simply have to go there and see it for yourself. It happens every year in Ocean City, MD during the last weekend of September. I can't wait for it.
    Google H2Oi to see some pics and videos from previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by isved View Post
    Not to get ahead of myself, but I have big plans for this car this year. It will 100% be at Waterfest (meh) and H2Oi (yay).
    Me and a few guys are actually looking at houses for H2Oi now to put down a deposit.
    I am a huge fan of all your 190's and photography by the way!
    Are you going to the Annual Morgantown Sonic meet this May 1st?
    Thanks

and no I won't be able to make the morgantown meet.

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    Where is H20? Do they have a website?
    Here's the website, but it's not updated yet. Every year it's planned for the last weekend of September.

H2O International / Big Ass BBQ & MusicFest

Quote Originally Posted by isved View Post
    H2Oi (H2O international) is definitely the biggest euro car show/meet in the US and one of the biggest in the world. The atmosphere and the fun that weekend cannot be described, you simply have to go there and see it for yourself. It happens every year in Ocean City, MD during the last weekend of September. I can't wait for it.
    Google H2Oi to see some pics and videos from previous years.
    ditto.

I've been there for the past 7 or 8 yrs, it's by far the best car show I've been to.
    konkyphotography.com

ya to bad euro tuner bullshit rag never shows our cars thay dont have the balls to put the best cars in there rag i think that should call it vw tuner

ahh, Im about 3 hours from OC, I go there at least 3 times or so during the summer

Quote Originally Posted by 87badbenzman View Post
    ya to bad euro tuner bullshit rag never shows our cars thay dont have the balls to put the best cars in there rag i think that should call it vw tuner
    HUH?

I really like how the salad shooters look on your car, nice goin'!
    1985 ECE 2.3-16 5MT
    1984 NAM 2.3 5MT w/ 1988 8v engine

Vette wheels look very good. Whats the deal witht he PCD on these? I hear some are 112, some are 120?

They are 5x4.75 (5x120 or 120.7, forget exactly which one). I have 1 inch bolt-on adapters 5x112 > 5x4.75 from ebay. $130 shipped and haven't had a problem yet, no vibrations or anything at all. Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

Went to the 5th Annual Sonic meet in Morgantown, PA last Sunday. Found a few pics on the 'net.

Sonic48 by .Dj Desfosse*, on Flickr

Mercedes 190 by BlaiseFreeman_215, on Flickr

TriStateTuners Sonic Meet 2011 by BlaiseFreeman_215, on Flickr

Last edited by isved; 05-03-2011 at 05:30 AM.

You gotta tell me when you go to these things, I'm only like 3 hours from there. :-p

Made it into a video as well.
    TST Sonic Meet 2011 (Official Video) on Vimeo

you know i love it. makes me want to get my car looking a little cleaner and take it out also. i didnt know you had a 5 speed im ultra jealous of that. and your headlights are really good too. pretty much my car wishes it was your car haha

Elevens' stickers look quite yummy, thanks for the support man! let me know if i can do anything for you, maybe youd' like a shirt?
    Elevens' paint & fiber, Tempe AZ.
    WWW.ELEVENSPAINT.COM

We roll out to a bunch of meets and shows during the season, and all of our sluts are sticker whores. Anything is cool lol. Me and a friend actually came up with a few cool sticker ideas, I was going to drop them by you, see if you'd be interested in cutting a few, and potentially making a few bucks from them.