Page 111 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4111

Thread: What did YOU do today?

Quote Originally Posted by 202brabus View Post
    Whats the comp ratios with those two different heads?
    i ve got no idea really- but the head with the smaller combustion chamber might be a carb head...
    Mercedes 190E 2.3 Avantgarde
    Mercedes 190D Auto
    Mercedes 190E 2.3 AMG
    Yamaha Banshee 350
    Yamaha YZ 125

I bought some r129 hubs, and spindles/knuckle and all new steering components in preparation for my front end rebuild.
    1987 Mercedes 190e 2.3-16. 5 speed. 199
    1994 E36 325IS 4 speed
    Schwinn 10 speed

What a fucking night!
    1986 201.034 "Berthilda" 5-speed, Evo II wheels 225/45/17, 400E front swaybar, 400e rear brakes
    1986 201.024 M104 engine, 5-speed Conversion, Updated LE trim console, 400E front sway bar, W202 springs, Limited slip Diff, 16v Steering box, 3" magnaflow exhaust system, 16v body kit, 16v Fuel tank, 16v Brake Booster, 400E calipers, MS2 3.57.
    1993 201.029 Sportline LE.

picked up a 1977 sylvania model rs 5742 and some random speakers at a flea market, all for like 25 bucks. i have more speakers, about ten in my room, spread throughout. its kinda messy, ill clean up the wire in a bit as i just set it up. but man this is an awesome receiver!

loudness. yum.
    1987 mercedes 190e 2.3 5spd
    1993 190e "WALD" c36
    1993 190e Sportline LE with 16v body kit

Nearly lost my mind in Carlsbad going to grab some food from a sandwich place at lunch. We had the puppy with us, and were going to sit outside, but unfortunately the restaurant had stopped seating outside due to some symphony setting up to play music or something. So we put the dog in the car (about 20 ft away), rolled the windows part way down, and went back in to order our food. While we were waiting, wifey went and checked on him after a couple mins to make sure he was okay. He was, and it was partly cloudy and about 70 outside, with some good shade over the car. After about another 5-7 mins of waiting, I went out to check on him. Still doing fine, but as I turned to walk away, some older lady standing nearby proceeds to chatter at me...

"hey is that your dog"....."yes"...."well I have been standing here for a LONG time waiting to find you and I am VERY worried about your dog". Already anticipating the kind of crazy I was dealing with, and knowing how full of BS she was, I just said "thanks for your concern" and walked off, as she yells "okay well then I will just call the police". She continues to follow me, and starts running her mouth more angrily this time, like a typical socal passive aggresive moron. I said "lady I'm not interested in life guidance". At that point I go back into the restaurant, and tell the wife what happened, and that I needed the keys so we could get the dog and convince the lady to go away. We were just about ready to leave anyway. Then she walks into the restaurant, and begins yelling at us. I pretty much just ignore her and walk back out to the car, hoping she would follow me. Instead, as I found out later, she stays there, and proceeds to berate my wife in front of everyone in the restaurant, yelling, telling her how you can't do this and that, how if you have kids you have to make sacrifices, as my wife was trying to calmly explain to her the situation. We end up swapping places, and I go back into the restaurant to get and pay for our food. I thought the lady was gone, as my wife had left to go get the dog and whatnot. Instead, apparently the lady came back out, and started patronizing my wife "oh sweetie, I'm so glad you got him out. Do you understand this?"....at that point, my wife lost it and began to chew the lady out for having been so disrespectful to her and for doing so in a restaurant in front of everyone. By the time I get back, the lady is gone, and my wife is fuming and on the verge of tears. She convinced me not to go looking for the lady, and I'm glad I didn't or I'm sure I would have said some things to an older lady that I would have regretted later.

Seriously though, the lady was absolutely off her rocker. Did she seriously think that people are so incompetent that we need her help to make such simple life decisions? Did she think that the dog would not survive 10 minutes in a well ventilated car, in the shade, on a relatively cool day? I will admit that initially blowing her off was probably the wrong move, but honestly, I think time proved that my inital assessment of her as being crazy was correct. From past experiences, I know that you can't reason with a crazy person with a foaming mouth. It wasn't so much that I was irritated by the woman's concern, but her approach was incredibly rude and persistent. She was talking to us like we were 15 yr old criminals or something. Sorry but my wife works with autistic kids for a living (not sure where the lady was going with the tangent on kids), and I am entrusted to make life and death decisions in a 40 million dollar warplane.....I don't care who she is, she has no business talking down to either of us on the topic of responsibility or decision making. The upside was that all the girls in the restaurant who had witnessed this, kept telling me how crazy she was and that they were sorry. Whatever......socal people are nuts.....

/rant
    Last edited by FLYNAVY; 06-25-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    "People....they're just bastard covered bastards with bastard filling"

'99 C43 AMG
    '91 190e 5.6

I know people get crazy in situations such as this, but ask yourself, would I leave my infant in the car alone in the same circumstance? Better to not expose yourself to this ridicule and take the dog with you or leave it at home on outings that are not dog friendly. Or perhaps take the dog as a "comfort/therapy" animal and go into the restaurant. JMO

Detailed my Jeep, posted a thread on it, walked the dog, swam in my pool, and of course, worked my ass off on stupid last minute missions. How I LOVE the gov't. -_-
    1985 Euro 190E 2.3-16
    1984 Euro 500SE
    2015 G63 AMG
    1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport
    1996 Ford F350
    1998 Dodge Durango

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I know people get crazy in situations such as this, but ask yourself, would I leave my infant in the car alone in the same circumstance? Better to not expose yourself to this ridicule and take the dog with you or leave it at home on outings that are not dog friendly. Or perhaps take the dog as a "comfort/therapy" animal and go into the restaurant. JMO
    Honestly, I had thought it better to leave the little guy at home, lest we run into this situation, but the wifey held the hammer and wanted to walk him later on. I will definitely not be bringing him in the future if there is any doubt. As for the infant, I just don't share the opinion that a dog is like a baby. I use the term "puppy" loosely (and as a term of endearment) here, as he is full grown, typically is cold as hell from having a thin coat, and we had been gone for such a short time that he wasn't panting or showing any signs of distress. He had probably been barking at the many pedestrians in front of the car, and I'm sure the lady mistook it for some poor dog that had been stuffed into a car all morning or something. She should have fact checked that with her watch, as the longest she could have possibly been standing out there before I checked on him was about 5 mins....

Bottom line, is that it is none of her damned business. I've seen parents spank, yell at, and generally verbally abuse their kids in public places, and I bite my damn tongue because it isn't my place. We saw "Bad Teacher" this afternoon, and that was absolutely not a movie IMHO to bring a young kid to, but the folks next to us did, and I also said nothing. It just isn't my damned place, and anyone who can't understand that, should be locked up or shot. What would these folks do without all the nanny laws that the left has enacted? I should have told this **** that I drive a "gross polluter" hundreds of miles a week to and from work as well. I'm sure she could have offered a whole lot more helpful, condescending advice on that as well.

'99 C43 AMG
    '91 190e 5.6

I understand your position and I know you are responsible, that alone doesn't insulate you from others wanting to impose their beliefs on you.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I understand your position and I know you are responsible, that alone doesn't insulate you from others wanting to impose their beliefs on you.
    Very true statement. It is a mark of the immaturity of our society that so many spend so much time and effort attempting to impose their beliefs on one another. Whether that be religious right-wing fanatics, environmentally/socially "friendly" leftists, or just our history of foreign policy. I think I need to move to the woods or something....

At the end of the day, while the lady made me madder than I have been in recent memory (mostly because of the way she embarassed my wife), I also realize that she must be a very miserable person to need to go to such lengths to have her "voice" heard by complete strangers. I grew up around these kinds of folks, and I think I understand them well. They need a cause to support, and feel so powerless in the grand scheme of things that they think their only avenues are "grassroots" local demonstrations. It's like the burned out 60's era peace protesters that I suffered through as a child......just a different "cause"

I just wonder when it became acceptable to accost and speak to random strangers like they were children in public for such a minor "offense". It is truly a socal thing....I've lived in many other parts of the country, where nobody would dream of doing such a thing. Freeloading socal wife = lots of free time = lots of worrying about other people's business because they have nothing else to worry about. This was the one time in my life that I have ever had to restrain myself from, much less had the urge of hitting a woman....
    Last edited by FLYNAVY; 06-26-2011 at 01:15 AM.

'99 C43 AMG
    '91 190e 5.6

Installed the dporsche74 Stainless DTM Exhaust System w/Remus Muffler I picked up from benz190vault. Also replaced my broken passenger side rear window regulator from one I picked up at Crazy Ray's JY in Mt. Airy. Productive weekend.

I need to make some business cards because the ones I use now suck. I made them myself and printed them myself..

So far this is what I've got... I think tomorrow I'll do the entire design in photoshop.

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/2491/unled2er.jpg

Flew over LA @ 27,000 ft with NVG's tonight.....that was pretty cool. There must have been 1 million airplanes out there....all I could see was twinkling anti-collision lights, and a whole bunch of shooting stars

'99 C43 AMG
    '91 190e 5.6

Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY View Post
    Flew over LA @ 27,000 ft with NVG's tonight.....that was pretty cool. There must have been 1 million airplanes out there....all I could see was twinkling anti-collision lights, and a whole bunch of shooting stars
    Very nice! I wanna go!
    1986 201.034 "Berthilda" 5-speed, Evo II wheels 225/45/17, 400E front swaybar, 400e rear brakes
    1986 201.024 M104 engine, 5-speed Conversion, Updated LE trim console, 400E front sway bar, W202 springs, Limited slip Diff, 16v Steering box, 3" magnaflow exhaust system, 16v body kit, 16v Fuel tank, 16v Brake Booster, 400E calipers, MS2 3.57.
    1993 201.029 Sportline LE.

Quote Originally Posted by 202brabus View Post
    Very nice! I wanna go!
    Saw bakersfield too :) We were doing some intercepts just east of you out in the China Lake range

'99 C43 AMG
    '91 190e 5.6

Did it smell like cow poop at 30,000 feet?
    1985 ECE 2.3-16 5MT
    1984 NAM 2.3 5MT w/ 1988 8v engine

swaped out rear sls spring's for standard 2.3 springs with one coil cut need to cut another 1/4 coil to get it just right and yes i deleated the sls shocks where shot

Quote Originally Posted by 16V4NRBRGR View Post
    Did it smell like cow poop at 30,000 feet?
    lol, wasn't quite that far north. That will soon be my life when I move up to Lemoore though....

'99 C43 AMG
    '91 190e 5.6

FLYNAVY, you have the best job in the world IMO. My father always wanted to be a Navy pilot but instead is a private pilot with his own Cessna. I've been hearing from him all of my life how he would love to fly a jet. It's always made me want to do it too. I've flown his Cessna and I'm a decent pilot but a JET, F'n A!

Dad's plane...

Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY View Post
    Very true statement. It is a mark of the immaturity of our society that so many spend so much time and effort attempting to impose their beliefs on one another. Whether that be religious right-wing fanatics, environmentally/socially "friendly" leftists, or just our history of foreign policy. I think I need to move to the woods or something....

At the end of the day, while the lady made me madder than I have been in recent memory (mostly because of the way she embarassed my wife), I also realize that she must be a very miserable person to need to go to such lengths to have her "voice" heard by complete strangers. I grew up around these kinds of folks, and I think I understand them well. They need a cause to support, and feel so powerless in the grand scheme of things that they think their only avenues are "grassroots" local demonstrations. It's like the burned out 60's era peace protesters that I suffered through as a child......just a different "cause"

I just wonder when it became acceptable to accost and speak to random strangers like they were children in public for such a minor "offense". It is truly a socal thing....I've lived in many other parts of the country, where nobody would dream of doing such a thing. Freeloading socal wife = lots of free time = lots of worrying about other people's business because they have nothing else to worry about. This was the one time in my life that I have ever had to restrain myself from, much less had the urge of hitting a woman....

Just think what you could have done to her with a few spare rounds and an FA-18... never mind the rounds, the wash would send her to hell in a handbasket.
    1987 201.034 - € spec 5sp. Blauschwarz- Hermann.
    1992 124.051 - 6sp man. Iceblau - Gretel
    1992 124.090 - 4sp auto Malachit Grün - Beatrix
    1987 107.048 - 4sp auto Signalrot - Stella
    2012 212.074 - 7sp mct-speedshift Diamantweiß - Klaus
    1992 Range Rover Classic - Oswald (awaiting exit lounge status)
    exit lounge: 201.035, 201.029, 126.039, 107.023, 2012 Megane RS 8:08