Thread: Today is a sad day...

Today is a sad day...

Unfortunately, I had to part with my "lil black beast"... I just delivered it to it's new owner ::

Choice came to purchasing the land and building the house, where with today "overextended" and declining market, it has become very difficult to get a construction loan, even with great credit, specially when I choose to find my own subcontractors to have it finished, everyone requred a huge down payment because the market is so unstable, and in the recent years past, school and part time work took most of my savings. Something had to give in ::huh::

The good thing, it went to a great new owner, ex co-worker and friend for many years who is a car nut, custom cycle builder and great guy who would take care of it!

This is how I would like to remember it:

Granted, I have not driven the car much since I bough it four years ago, I'm going to miss it dearly

Regards.
    D

P.S. I know I have lotsa stuff under the house leftover, so things will be up for sale soon (soon that is "as soon as I take some pics" of what I have left from this project)
    Last edited by babycarlsson; 08-25-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Sorry to hear that you had to let it go babycarlsson.At least it's going to someone who will be taking care of the car like you would.I must say that this is by far one of the cleanest and tastefully modded W201 I've seen. Hope this will not keep you from visiting the forum in the future.

benztech04

Nice car im sure it was a real head tuner
    My 190E Web Blog
    Modifications.....1987 190E 2.3-16V, Evolution 2 Body Kit, Evo2 Wheels, Cross/Drilled Rotors, Front Polyurethane Bushings, New Rear Link set, & Yellow Speed Racing Suspension.

10000+ Pictures

aw, man...but congrats on the house!!! sounds like life is going well for you...good luck with everything. hopefully we'll see the new owner make an appearance here at some point.
    "things have learned to walk that ought to crawl."

if you dont mind our asking, how much did your car go for?

Edmonton, Ab CANADA the Second most Northern Member and I have the Oldest 190E on Rev #1874
    personally I would have sold the Audi
    Slightly tuned 84 190E 2.3 8v 5spd, Sebring/AMG header, custom exhaust, DTM can
    Flex-a-lite Electric Fan instead of Clutch Fan, 230 BHP M102.961 AMG
    BBS body kit, AMG duktail , Hella lights around.
    E320 brakes, Troutman drilled rotors, C230 EVO 17" Rims (225/45/17), Billie Sports (plus some of MRP's toys) and Sachs Performance Springs
    Sony MD with Rockford HPC 2204 4" in frt, Sony Xplod 4 way 6X9" in rear
    newly added to the stable 83 Weiß 2.3, 90 Signalrot 300TE 4matic

cheaper to just shoe horn in a MB V6 or V8 instead of a Mosselman Turbo kit to create the ultimate Rice Eater out of a Kraut Can

Definitely one of the sickest w201's on the planet.
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ewsigcopy1.jpg
    1989 Nautical Blue 190E 2.6 and a 1985 Black-Pearl Euro 2.3-16

Thank you all for the kind words and the acknowledgments. It was a fun project indeed. I waxed her for the last time yesterday, and driving to town looked at every car's/truck how 190 reflected in it ::embarrassed:: Yep, missing it already, even though I never drove it much...

Z - no, don't mind, he wanted the car for the past 2 years $7500 with everything in it.

Tim - to be honest with you, A4 is more practical car for me for the moment, and moving further into the country side, Quattro is nice to have on the roads that don't get much attention from the state. I do like the 5 speed, with forged internals and tubrocharged (just a little easier to gain "few" extra ponies) and she is not a bad looker either

Once I'm done with the house, I'm hoping to get a nice size garage (since I will have more than enough space on the property), so I think sooner than you know, I will start looking for a well taken care of 16V ::

Regards,
    D

your car has been an inspiration for me. it has been the reason for loving these cars so much.
    my car is nowhere the caliber of yours, i want my car to look the way yours does.

i have to agree with BabyHands, the car is SICK.

GOOD LUCK.

nice A4 too.

definitely a sad thing to hear, but i think the trade off for gaining a house/project is worth it ... considering I know how little use the 2.6 saw in your hands lol

boy that audi looks like a volvo with those sideskirts on their, I wonder why ? lol ... j/k

quit being a stranger on AIM , mr 'duh'vinci ;-)
    ~ '92 m103 190e - Regrettably Sold
    ~ '12 G37s Coupe KAD 6mt

Sorry to hear about the loss, but congratulations with your gain!

Do you have any "Before" pictures? Your car is very beautiful and I want to see how it was before it became a model. :)
    .______________.
    /______________\

Thank you Brian, thank you Dark! Yep, here is the picture of her (exactly as I received her from sunny FL)

Cass - I call this "creative ingenuity" on the very tight budget ::thumbs:: I'll catch up with you sooner than you think

Regards,
    D

nice ride, i woulda killed my self for letting it go.
    Jippi Jak
    1993 MB 190e 2.3 Garage queen
    1996 Volvo 855 GLT-R Garage queen
    1998 Subaru Outback SUS DD
    1991 BMW 525i Wrecked/project
    1998 MB C230 DD

Parting with people is a sadness. A car is just a car.

Don't beat yourself up about having to part with her. Now it's time to start looking forward to the next project. If you get another 190, you'll already know where to start and how to avoid any of the mistakes that I'm sure that you made (doesn't everybody screw up once in a while) along the way. So revel in the surety that your next try will turn out even better.
    1985 ECE 2.3-16V 5 sp Basket case: SLS deleted, Interior deleted, 2.5" non-catalyst exhaust system, Eibach lowering springs. SSR comp 17x8.5 wheels, Speedtek adjustable camber arms, Speedtek heavy clutch, E500 brembos, Addco front ASB, Evo II rear ASB, Corbeau racing buckets, John Deer blitz black paint job

sorry to see it go. U were a real inspiration to me
    94' E500 Spruce Green with Brabus Obsession: slammed on staggered chrome AME Shallen AX wheels & Brabus exhaust. (luxury-tuned mods in progress).

Sponsors: Dunlop Tires & Junction Produce

sorry to hear it man....hope your still around the forum. We are losing too many old skoolers
    SOLD-1993-16V kitted 2.6 Sportline Limited Edition-Euro lights,AMG lip spoiler, Vogtland springs,Bilstein Sport shocks,18" Moven wheels,400E brakes,Infinity and Crystal Speakers,MTX Thunder 9500 sub,MTX TA81001 amp,143AMP Alternator, White AMG gauge faces, Remote start, SLK pedals,Cold Air intake, Magnaflow dual custom exhaust, 6000K H.I.D.

Daily Driver-2010 Toyota Tundra,

Quote Originally Posted by Chris93 View Post
    sorry to hear it man....hope your still around the forum. We are losing too many old skoolers
    don't worry, ive got this crazy russian under my thumb... no way is he getting out this easy.
    ~ '92 m103 190e - Regrettably Sold
    ~ '12 G37s Coupe KAD 6mt

Sorry about the loss. That was one of my favorite W201's.

Damn...sorry to hear this :( At least its not destroyed like that other great 190 that was stolen and crashed.