View Poll Results: Did your w201 toolkit come with the wheel mounting stud?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and i am the original owner

4 14.81%
  • Yes, and i am not the original owner

10 37.04%
  • No, and i am the original owner

2 7.41%
  • No, and i am not the original owner

11 40.74%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: THE WORLD VS cdn, NJ, prime & sev TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG

dude, its so off topic, but your avitar is fucking sick!!! snow drifting in a 190.... its a fucking wet dream!
    "stock 16v sex is like making love to your wife of 25 years on your anniversary in a luxury suite in paris...built 8v sex is like getting nasty with two hookers and a fifth of johnny walker in a peep show booth in las vegas. deep spiritual experience with a lot of history, or something dangerous, new, and wild?"-ceph

Quote Originally Posted by bassist21685
    dude, its so off topic, but your avitar is fucking sick!!! snow drifting in a 190.... its a fucking wet dream!
    Yeah, quite literally.

Quote Originally Posted by chuni959
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynyption
    Glad to be of help. You should send me an overlay :-p
    hahah... ill think about it when im running off my next batch? Red AMG?
    Blue would be cool, if you can. If only reds then thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bassist21685
    http://f1.putfile.com/videos/d6-5001005416.wmv

http://www.putfile.com/bmthorn

enjoy
    1993 2.6 (040) SportLinE 5-speed - Armed to the teeth w. roof rack/2x bike carriers/8x ski carriers
    1993 2.6 (040) - deceased/reincarnated as a trailer.
    1987 300SDL (355) stole engine, swapped into:
    1991 350SDL (040) - 3.0 engine/trans swap, wireless router remote start mod

This sev moment has been brought to you by www.ratemypoo.com

Its no suprise that once again sev is completly wrong, however im still in awe that he was able to drag NJ190E and Cnder190e with him!
    1993 2.6 (040) SportLinE 5-speed - Armed to the teeth w. roof rack/2x bike carriers/8x ski carriers

Uhh... Apologies anyone? combacks? Both year ranges. No trace of a wheel mounting pin. It was probably just a typo in the manual. LET THE POO POO FEST BEGIN!!
    Uhhh - not sure I understand.

When we showed you pictures from the manual that included the pin, you said that did not constitute proof. Now we see pictures from other manuals that do not include the pin, and suddenly the manual is biblical in its unquestioned authority. At the time you said that there was a discrepancy, and the pin was shown in some illustrations but not others. What has changed?

I think the previously given explanation of cars with alloys having the pin makes sense.
    1993 500E
    Renntech chip, ASR defeat, color matched lowers, debadged, remote entry, remote start, Silver Arrow brake upgrade

1986 190E 2.3-16 - SOLD!
    First US spec 16V imported
    Featured in Car & Driver - March, 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Prime16
    Uhh... Apologies anyone? combacks? Both year ranges. No trace of a wheel mounting pin. It was probably just a typo in the manual. LET THE POO POO FEST BEGIN!!
    Uhhh - not sure I understand.

When we showed you pictures from the manual that included the pin, you said that did not constitute proof. Now we see pictures from other manuals that do not include the pin, and suddenly the manual is biblical in its unquestioned authority. At the time you said that there was a discrepancy, and the pin was shown in some illustrations but not others. What has changed?

I think the previously given explanation of cars with alloys having the pin makes sense.
    are you on crack man? it makes no sense at all. How many cars in the US came with Steelies? LIKE NONE. All the sans-pin cars that ive been in came with alloys. The manual refers to a tool not listed in the contents. The manual is contradictive. Go to the dealership and try and find a wheel mounting pin for a 190. You will have to buy it for a C class

Oh man, I really want a poo avatar....

Tell chuni he is wrong, im sure he will whip you one up.

Edmonton, Ab CANADA the Second most Northern Member and I have the Oldest 190E on Rev #1874
    go and try and find a Front LCA for a 190E - funny thing it is now 124 part so I guess by your arguement then the 190E never had a LCA ::
    Slightly tuned 84 190E 2.3 8v 5spd, Sebring/AMG header, custom exhaust, DTM can
    Flex-a-lite Electric Fan instead of Clutch Fan, 230 BHP M102.961 AMG
    BBS body kit, AMG duktail , Hella lights around.
    E320 brakes, Troutman drilled rotors, C230 EVO 17" Rims (225/45/17), Billie Sports (plus some of MRP's toys) and Sachs Performance Springs
    Sony MD with Rockford HPC 2204 4" in frt, Sony Xplod 4 way 6X9" in rear
    newly added to the stable 83 Weiß 2.3, 90 Signalrot 300TE 4matic

cheaper to just shoe horn in a MB V6 or V8 instead of a Mosselman Turbo kit to create the ultimate Rice Eater out of a Kraut Can

Edmonton, Ab CANADA the Second most Northern Member and I have the Oldest 190E on Rev #1874
    Alright Here We Go Got Them To Print It Up For Me. One Is Up to 1988 and one is From 1988. Enjoy guys.

From 1988
    To 1988

P.s. Chuni i love the Av.
    check under Wheels not under toolkit

So Kyn go back to the dealer and actually check the right catergory for the part.
    E320 brakes, Troutman drilled rotors, C230 EVO 17" Rims (225/45/17), Billie Sports (plus some of MRP's toys) and Sachs Performance Springs

cheaper to just shoe horn in a MB V6 or V8 instead of a Mosselman Turbo kit to create the ultimate Rice Eater out of a Kraut Can

here you go...
    www.ratemypoo.com

And now be prepared to eat shit Chuni

This is the info for what was a stock item for my car using the Chassis Code (because the NAm VIN and years means shit on the EPC). If you provide your chassis code you will be shovelling shit to prevent the avalanche from burying you (if you dare).

And if anyone cares to order it the part number is A126 403 00 74

under EPC 10858 Aluminium disc Wheels (for types 124,201 from 9/88, see standard Microfiche)

Code 640
    stroke 66
    and under type models 201 018/023/024/028/122/126/128 footnote 014

basically says the mystery tool is to be supplied with cars fitted with factory Alloy Rims on the above models.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn190er
    And now be prepared to eat shit Chuni

This is the info for what was a stock item for my car using the Chassis Code (because the NAm VIN and years means shit on the EPC). If you provide your chassis code you will be shovelling shit to prevent the avalanche from burying you (if you dare).

And if anyone cares to order it the part number is A126 403 00 74

under EPC 10858 Aluminium disc Wheels (for types 124,201 from 9/88, see standard Microfiche)

Code 640
    stroke 66
    and under type models 201 018/023/024/028/122/126/128 footnote 014

basically says the mystery tool is to be supplied with cars fitted with factory Alloy Rims on the above models.
    dude youve been posting the same stupid epc image over and over. Its not getting any better no matter how you crop or resize it! It shows the pin wrapped up in the toolkit, thus the break down of the toolkit should show it.

Do you want to know the startling truth? When you bought a 190 from the factory, there was lots and lots of paperwork to do. In this paper work was a small questionaire that most people skipped over. Some prudent people did however read it. One of the things was a check box that read: "Are you strong enough to change your wheels out without somebody cradling your balls? Check one: Y or N."

If you left it blank, it was an assumed NO, and thus they would toss a pussy pin into your tool kit. Basically if you have one of these you are a self admited panzee

Wait So You want me to visit the stealer again tomorrow and ask them which question exactly..What parts came with the wheel assembly?

Do you want to know the startling truth? When you bought a 190 from the factory, there was lots and lots of paperwork to do. In this paper work was a small questionaire that most people skipped over. Some prudent people did however read it. One of the things was a check box that read: "Are you strong enough to change your wheels out without somebody cradling your balls? Check one: Y or N."

If you left it blank, it was an assumed NO, and thus they would toss a pussy pin into your tool kit. Basically if you have one of these you are a self admited panzee
    Well shit, now we know....

Wait So You want me to visit the stealer again tomorrow and ask them which question exactly..What parts came with the wheel assembly?
    He is trying to make them look on the same page of the EPC as he does, then they would probably get confused just like us and get in a huge debate.

dude youve been posting the same stupid epc image over and over. Its not getting any better no matter how you crop or resize it! It shows the pin wrapped up in the toolkit, thus the break down of the toolkit should show it.

actually Dude I have not, matter of fact that is the first time I have posted this image, and it is a direct callout of what items were found on my car using the Chassis code.
    Kyp the part in question is a wheel accessory and is not considered a tool unlike the idiot who started this thread. So to actually find it you have to look it up under the proper parts category.

chuni, seems to me your evidence is a rehash of the EPC as well. Kynpiton's find is what was already posted.

However, every owner's manual ever printed for the W201 and other models clearly states that the mounting stud is included and when you check the proper section of the EPC, there's the tool kit and there's the mounting stud.

Game over, you lose. ::

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn190er

actually Dude I have not, matter of fact that is the first time I have posted this image, and it is a direct callout of what items were found on my car using the Chassis code.
    Kyp the part in question is a wheel accessory and is not considered a tool unlike the idiot who started this thread. So to actually find it you have to look it up under the proper parts category.
    Cdn, if i were to go back what would i request of the parts guys to find a proper print out if the tool used was not infact included in the tool kit?